Christmas Bible trivia is a fun and very appropriate game to play on Christmas when all of your family is present. Make this game a part of family tradition and see who has been keeping up on their Bible studies throughout the year!
Christmas Trivia Questions
If you are planning a Bible trivia and would like some questions to use, here’s a list of Christmas Bible trivia questions that everyone should know if they’ve been paying attention! The best part is, most of these questions are related to the birth of Jesus, making it the perfect Christmas Bible trivia to use:
- Who gave birth to Jesus? Answer: Mary.
- What city did Mary and Joseph travel to for the census? Answer: Bethlehem.
- Where was Jesus born? Answer: Bethlehem.
- Who appeared to tell Mary that she was with child? Answer: The angel Gabriel.
- How many miles did Mary and Joseph have to travel to get to Bethlehem? Answer: 80 miles.
- How did Mary and Joseph travel to Bethlehem? Answer: The bible doesn’t specify, but it’s been depicted with Mary on a donkey and Joseph walking beside her.
- How many angels spoke to the shepherds? Answer: One.
- What sign were the shepherds supposed to look for when looking for Jesus? Answer: A baby lying in a manger wrapped in swaddling clothes.
- Who followed a star to find baby Jesus? Answer: The wise men.
- Where was Jesus laid after he was born? Answer: In a manger.
- What is a manger? Answer: A feeding trough.
- How many wise men were there? Answer: It is not specified, but it is believe to be three as three gifts were brought to Jesus.
- What gifts did the wise men bring to baby Jesus? Answer: Gold, incense, and myrrh.
- Where was Joseph from originally? Answer: Bethlehem.
- True or false: The bible says Jesus was born in December. Answer: False.
- True or false: December 25th was the date of the Roman festival. Answer: True.
- True or false: Joseph is the father of Jesus. Answer: False. Trick question, God is the Father.
- True or false: The tradition of giving gifts came from the wise men giving gifts to Jesus. Answer: False.
- True or false: Mary had other children after Jesus. Answer: True.
- True or false: The bible says sheep and other barn animals were present at Jesus’ birth. Answer: False.
Trivia Game Guide
Now, there’s a few fun ways you can go about doing a trivia. Want to know more?
Pop quiz: When everyone is together in the room, announce “pop quiz!” like teachers did in grade school. Give everyone paper and a pen, recite one question at a time aloud, then go over the answers as a group and see who got the most correct.
Jeopardy style: Make it a game of Jeopardy where the answers are given in question form. Award more points for harder questions, and you can even set up a game board to look like the Jeopardy game board!
Multiple choice: Everyone is given a print out of the quiz questions with a few different possible answers.
Raise hands: Ask questions out loud and call upon the first person to raise a hand. Each correct answer should be awarded with a bead necklace or whatever you desire, and whoever has the most at the end is the winner!
Hat trivia: Put all questions in a hat and go around the room, letting each person draw a question. The read it aloud and give their answer. If the answer is correct, they hold onto the piece of paper, if it’s wrong, it goes back in the hat for someone else to give a try.
Christmas Bible trivia is fun, just give it a try! Also, be sure to check out Christmas Bible Verses to Share for Scripture for the holidays!