Every party and celebration needs some good desserts to follow the delicious meal you will likely have. Without dessert at least being offered, the meal would seem rather incomplete and your guests might be disappointed! Well, if it’s family, it might be different, but family reunion desserts still need to be considered!
Family Reunion Desserts
Family reunions, especially if it’s a potluck, call for a variety of dishes since there will be a large group of people with many different tastes. Before you go signing up to bring your family-coveted dessert, consider the following:
- Venue: Is it indoor or outdoor? Will there be power sources available for any equipment you might need to hook up? Is there a way to keep it cold enough if it needs to stay cold, or heat it up if it needs to be served warm?
- Ease of transport: It’s one thing to make a dessert at home for a party because you don’t have to go anywhere but at a family reunion, you may be traveling some unfamiliar and possibly bumpy roads! Make sure it’s something easy to get to the venue.
- Sign up sheet: Be sure to keep everyone in the know about what you are bringing so you can avoid someone bringing the very same thing. Unless it’s grandma’s delicious peanut butter cookie recipe, then those might need a double batch anyway!
- Allergies: If there is an allergy common in the family, then avoid any recipes with the offending allergen. If you must use the ingredient in your dessert, make sure you label it clearly so anyone who is allergic knows to avoid it.
By now, your head is probably swarming with ideas, and your mouth may be watering as a result, so water away as you read through these recipes! You might just need a bib. Consider bringing one of these family reunion desserts:
- Rainbow salad: This is not exactly what it sounds like, but it’s delicious and festive! It’s basically a fun Jell-o mold made with all of the colors of the rainbow! Also see the adult version which is a suitable replacement for Jell-o shots.
- S’mores bars: Who needs a campfire to make s’mores?? Serve up these delicious treats whether you have a campfire or not!
- S’mores: Okay, if you are having a campfire, then it’s probably a good idea to bring all of the fixings for s’mores: Honey graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate bars.
- Hot fudge brownie cake: Okay, I’m not going to lie; I already need a new bib after seeing this one. Really though, you can’t go wrong with brownie anything, especially if women are present!
- Chocolate fondue fountain: If you happen to be attending a reunion indoor, then this will be a hit! Be sure that there is plenty of bite-size things for dipping: Fruit, rice crispy treats, more chocolate, or even bacon!
- Sundae buffet: Tasting as good as it rhymes, having a sundae buffet is a great idea and easy! Just bring the ice cream and all of the toppings, and everyone gets to serve themselves with whatever they want!
- Strawberry angel food cake skewers: Can’t cook? No problem. Can you poke things with a stick? Perfect! Then try this easy dessert! Offer the option of whipped cream for dipping, or as another option for the fondue fountain!
So now that your shirt is soaked, you’re probably still thinking about that hot fudge brownie cake, right? Sign it up!