Family gift baskets are perfect for the holiday season, or even on those rare “just because” occasions. Not only does it make your shopping easier, but doing group gifts like this can make it cheaper for you too! All you need are a few family gift basket ideas and you will be on your way to making or ordering perfect family gift baskets!
If you have your mind and heart set on the idea of putting together family gift baskets, here are some family gift basket ideas that you should not miss!
- Family movie night: Pick a family movie or two that you are certain the family hasn’t seen yet, such as the latest Disney release. Include a few bags of popcorn and those small boxes of candy that you would find at a movie theater. Don’t forget a couple of popcorn seasonings!
- Popcorn basket: Everyone should have a popcorn popper, so be sure to include one of those in the gift basket along with non-gmo popcorn kernels, a number of different popcorn seasonings, and official popcorn serving cups or boxes!
- Family game night: Fill a basket with two larger family board games such as Sorry! and Clue. Then, be sure to toss in some smaller games like playing cards, Skip-Bo, Uno, Dominos, Pick Up Sticks, jacks, marbles, and anything else that you think would be fun!
- Coffee goodies: Coffee mugs and sample-sized gourmet coffees should fill this basket along with some things kids can enjoy too such as gourmet chocolate and cookies or pastries!
- Hot cocoa goodies: Pick a mug for each family member (have fun with it!) and include many different flavors of hot chocolate, marshmallows, and decorate with candy canes! (Have you ever stirred your hot cocoa with a candy cane? YUM!)
- Rainy day: Everyone dreads a rainy day because you have to resort to indoor activities! They don’t have to be dreadful, though! Fill a basket with a few fun, age-appropriate books for the family, some playing cards, jigsaw puzzles, crossword/sudoku puzzle books, and coloring books with some crayons! Maybe even a book for crafting with items around the house!
- Artsy fartsy: Some families have quite a knack for artsy activities so fill a basket with Sketch pads, canvas panels, paint brushes, paint sets, crayons, markers, colored pencils, charcoal pencils, air-dry clay, and anything else the family can use to outwardly express their inner artist!
- Build-a-snowman kit: A cute Christmas gift idea! In a fedora or top hat, put everything you need to make a snowman: scarf, different buttons, a (fake) carrot nose, a pipe, and any other fun things you can fit in the hat!
- Craft beer: In a metal tub, place a few different kinds of craft beer single bottles, and be sure to include some non-alcoholic beverages for the kids such as bottled IBC root beer! Don’t forget a bottle opener and coozies!
- Musical basket: If you can find a basket shaped like a drum, it’s even more perfect; if not, that’s okay too! Fill a basket with all kinds of fun musical things: Tambourine, triangle, mini rainstick, small bongos, harmonica, recorders, and any other small instruments you can find. Also, it’s a good idea to include a good CD or two with music the family can appreciate. Guitar fans? Sign them up for a subscription of Guitar World, including one issue in the basket!
All of these family gift basket ideas are sure to please almost any family who receives it, so you really can’t go wrong! It’s the thought that counts anyway, right?