It’s Turkey Day. The smells of turkey and mashed potatoes fill the air. Family and friends are gathered around the table, ready to celebrate one of the best days of the year.
While the delicious meal is the center of attention, for many, the best part of the whole day is having a good conversation with people you care about!
If you’re looking for some helpful conversation starters for your upcoming Thanksgiving dinner or neighborhood party, look no further!
Family Thanksgiving Conversation Starters
Spark some great conversations this Thanksgiving with these fun and interesting topics. You might even hear some funny stories you’ve never heard before!
- What’s your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
- What’s one dish on the menu you’d rather skip?
- What dish are you most excited to eat?
- Have you ever spent Thanksgiving somewhere other than home?
- What’s your least favorite food?
- What was your favorite meal your mom would make?
- What’s your favorite thing to do during Autumn?
- What’s your favorite thing to do when it’s cold out?
- Is there anything you’re hoping to buy on Black Friday?
- What’s your favorite holiday movie?
Thanksgiving Conversation Starters for Kids
As a mom of 5 boys, I know kids sometimes have a lot to say! And more often than not, it’s pretty entertaining hearing what they have to say! So let the kids join in on the festive conversation with these fun conversation starters!
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What did you do for your last birthday?
- Name 3 things you’re thankful for this year.
- Do you have any pets? If so, what’s do you love most about them?
- What’s your favorite holiday dessert?
- Are there any desserts you know how to make?
- If not, what dessert would you like to learn how to make?
- What are you asking Santa for this year?
- What did you get from Santa last year?
- Have you ever been on a hay ride? Would you want to?
- Describe your perfect day.
Conversation Starters for Community Thanksgiving Parties
Family dinners aren’t the only gatherings happening during the holidays! Whether you’re planning a neighborhood, senior, church, or office Thanksgiving party, these topics will keep your guests happily chatting away!
- If you could travel anywhere for the holidays, where would you go?
- Do you prefer cold weather or warm weather? Why?
- If you could invite anyone to dinner, who would you invite?
- What’s the strangest food you’ve ever eaten? Did you like it?
- What’s your favorite type of pie?
- What’s your favorite potato dish?
- If you could have anything for dessert, what would it be?
- Where did you go on your last vacation?
- Have you ever stood in line on Black Friday? What were you trying to buy?
Funny Thanksgiving Conversation Starters
What’s a good conversation without a few laughs? These funny Thanksgiving conversation starters will certainly perk up any quiet party and get your guests laughing together!
- If you were a turkey, how would you avoid becoming Thanksgiving dinner?
- What’s the worst food to heat in the microwave?
- If you created a new Thanksgiving dish, what would you put in it?
- If you could travel back in time to the first Thanksgiving, what would you bring with you to share with everyone?
- Would you rather dress like a turkey everyday or eat turkey everyday?
- Have you ever fallen asleep after Thanksgiving dinner?
- When do you start listening to Christmas music?
- If you had a pet turkey, what would you name it?
Printable Conversation Starters
Make your Thanksgiving party planning easier with these printable Thanksgiving Conversation Starter Cards!
This set of 80 cards are formatted on 8.5 x 11 so you can download and print them from your own printer at home in minutes!
For more information and to download your own set, click the button below!