Growing up, fathers are the stones in our lives: Our support, our guides, our protectors. They keep you grounded, and they ground you!
Now that Father’s Day is coming up, it’s time to give thanks for each and every thing he has done, both little and big.
Make this a special day, even if you do so every other day! From planning a special breakfast for him to taking him around town, give him a time that he won’t forget!
Father’s Day Songs
If there’s one thing in this world that can touch even the stillest of hearts, it’s music. There’s so many loving songs out there dedicated to fathers thanking them for all they have to endure in order to raise their children.
From their hard work to the special memories that he created with you, one thing’s for sure: You love him and he should feel it on Father’s Day! Father’s Day songs can really help to express this love, and with so many out there, how do you choose the right one?
- Lyrics: One thing that you should most definitely do before playing a Father’s Day song for Dad on Father’s Day is to take the time to read and interpret the lyrics. Just because a song sounds nice and sentimental and has the word “father” or “daddy” in the title, doesn’t mean it’s appropriate to play on this day!
- Relevance: By reading song lyrics, find a song that is most relevant to you and your father and the relationship that was shared growing up. This would make it more touching! If the song tasks about experiences or situations you haven’t experienced then it will feel less personal.
- Genre: If he isn’t a country fan, avoid country music, period. Just because a message in a song is nice and suitable, it doesn’t mean it will sound pleasant to his ears!
With these tips in mind, proceed onto the list of Father’s Day songs that I picked through hundreds to find. There’s songs for many different father-child relationships, so keep on your search until you find the right one!
Great Father’s Day Songs
- Lead Me by Sanctus Real
- I Loved Her First by Heartland
- Through The Eyes of My Father by Brianna Haynes
- Just The Two Of Us by Will Smith
- Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle
- Father To Son by Phil Collins
- My Father’s Eyes by Eric Clapton
- Oh Daddy by Fleetwood Mac
- Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
- He’s My Son by Mark Schultz
- I Dare You To Move by Switchfoot
- Father’s Eyes by Amy Grant
- Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross
- My Little Girl by Jack Johnson
- Father and Daughter by Paul Simon
- My Father’s House by Bruce Springsteen
- Father by Jadon Lavik
- Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler
- Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion
- Hero by Mariah Carey
You will know once you find that perfect Father’s Day song. If you’re a female looking for a song, chances are the ones that bring tears to your eyes are some of the ones you will be considering to dedicate to him. Anything that touches your heart that deeply will certainly touch his, too!